Monday, December 15, 2008

Sham-WOW Flashbacks


(Note:  Today is Dane's 5th birthday.  However since the birthday festivities are running for at least 3 days, I will post about his birthday later this week.  For now, please enjoy this little snippet from our lives last week.)

So I'm at the mall today.  And I see a lady standing outside her kiosk playing with what appeared to be a fluffy pipe cleaner, and she is drawing quite the crowd.  I gracefully step around the crowd, and continue my shopping, because, HELLO PEOPLE, IT IS A PIPE CLEANER.  Clearly not worth my precious mall-time this close to Christmas.

So I get home today, and what does Brandon excitedly pull off his nightstand and proceed to demonstrate for me?  That's right.  Mr. Fuzzy.

Mr. Fuzzy is a fluorescent fluffy pipe cleaner attached to a piece of fishing line.  On the other side of the fishing line is a piece of cardboard, which, according to the included instructions, is to be placed in the FRONT OF YOUR PANTS.  Because I like to keep things family friendly around here, that is all I will say about Mr. Fuzzy in the front of your pants.  Hehe.  With the cardboard end in your pants, you then manipulate the fishing line (or "magician's string" according to Brandon) with one hand while you hold Mr. Fuzzy with the other hand and "WOW" your audience with all of the tricks Mr. Fuzzy can do as you jerk on the magician's string.

All for the bargain price of $11.99.

Clearly the current economic slump is not affecting this family one teeny little bit. 

I had to work yesterday, so Brandon and the boys went to the mall in search of Santa (who apparently takes a 2 HOUR lunch break!), and brought home a Mr. Fuzzy instead.

Brandon relentlessly defended the purchase of "our new pet."  This was the conversation had between the two of us when I questioned the ridiculousness:

Brandon:  Didn't you stop and watch what the lady was doing with Mr. Fuzzy at the mall?
Me:  No!  She was playing with a hot pink pipe cleaner!  Why did you and the boys stop and watch?
Brandon:  Because we thought it was ALIVE.

Frankly, I think it was a bargain.  It's not everyday you get a real, living, breathing yellow pipe cleaner to call your very own.

I'm just disappointed that he didn't hold out for the "2 for the price of 1" deal.  Because I know of a couple of Sham-WOWs that would have made lovely pet beds for Mr. and Mrs. Fuzzy.

1 comments:

Becky said...

Natalie asked for one of these last year!