Friday, June 3, 2011

Pregnant Woman Feed

I want to apologize to you.

For three and a half years I have had this blog. You have put up with me rambling on and on about my daughters drinking toilet water, my son smuggling video game accessories in his underwear, and my husband's mild obsession with infomercial products.

But I have neglected to introduce you to these lovely snacks:

The Pickle Wrap.

So simple, yet deceptively tasty.

Ingredients:

Claussen pickle spears. Please don't use a lesser pickle
Whipped cream cheese
Cheap, rectangle-shaped ham slices
Toothpicks

Step 1: Lightly pat dry ham and pickles.

Step 2: Spread thin layer of cream cheese on ham. Change your mind and add a little more cream cheese.

Step 3: Place pickle at one end of ham, then roll up.

Step 4: Place toothpicks about 1/2" apart or so along roll.

Step 5: Slice between toothpicks. Eat the end pieces, because surely all of this work is making you hungry.

If any of them actually make it onto a tray without being eaten first, place a paper towel on the tray under them.

This yummy treat is very popular with pregnant women, college kids, and anyone watching a football game. So I've heard. I may have made them so many times during my daugher's gestation that they became referred to as "Pregnant Women Feed". My uncle has been known to eat these unsliced, without the hassle of all the toothpicks.

Please make these tomorrow.

I won't tell if you make them for breakfast.

7 comments:

John said...

You owe me a new keyboard.

This one has vomit all over it.

Meagan said...

that actually sounds really good! that other comment was just mean... if u dont have something nice to say then dont say it at all!

Mandy said...

Ha, ha, sweet brother! Don't knock it till you've tried it!

John said...

Wow.
Tough room.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget... You brother has a T-shirt that reads..."Pickles are cucumbers that are soaked in evil"... He's probably not going to come around...

Jill said...

i'm not pregnant, but i think this sounds awesome! pickles+anything=awesomeness

i showed up from kelly's korner :)

BooSheep said...

I am not a big cream cheese fan, but anything with pickles sounds good to me. My favorite are my husbands fried pickles, pregnant or not they are good stuff! Thanks for the info. !