Tuesday, March 10, 2009

8 Pounds


I wasn't sure if we would be able to go this year, but the boys and I made it out to King's Orchard this morning to pick some strawberries.  This is one of our favorite things to do in the spring, and given my extremely pregnant stage, and instructions from my doctor to "try not to go into labor", I wasn't sure if I would be up to all the strawberry picking.  (There's a lot of walking, wagon pulling, child wrangling, and, of course, strawberry picking involved.)  But I threw caution to the wind, and we ventured out and enjoyed a great morning outside.  A morning made even better by no one's water breaking in the middle of the strawberry patch situated an hour away from home.

But we made it an early morning today, and were in and out of King's Orchard with a mere 8 pounds of strawberries in less than an hour.  

The boys had a great time, as usual, and we managed to beat the Spring Break crowds that will surely follow us out there over the next week or so.  And as usual, we were not successful in keeping Aidan completely out of the strawberries until they were purchased and washed.
I am very well aware of the fact that it is March, and these are perhaps the first pictures I have taken of my children in 2009.  They do still exist, and here is photographic evidence.
On an unrelated note, my ultrasound went well yesterday, and we are still on track to have my scheduled c-section on March 26th!  (And the giant shower project is on track to be completed by then, also:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to make strawberry jam for you loved ones?? You probably have at least 2 weeks with nothing to do.