Friday, August 28, 2009

Five Months


Our little Harper girl is 5 months old already!  I can't believe it.  In some ways, it feels like she has always been here with us, and I can barely remember life before her.  In other ways, it feels like just yesterday she was a tiny little thing rocking in my lap at 4:30 in the morning.

Now she is about 17 pounds or so and growing like a weed.  For the most part she is wearing 6-9 month clothes (this little denim skirt is size 12 month), and her little thighs are just so cute and chunky.  This is the only time in her life when thighs can be described as both cute and chunky.  She's still our most laid back, easy going baby.  With the boys, I had their days scheduled to the minute.  I fed them at the exact same time every day, they napped and went to bed at the same time every day.  Things are a bit different with Harper girl.  I think because she's having to fit around everyone else's schedules, she's just more flexible than the boys were.  She eats when we need to feed her, naps when she's tired, and sleeps like a champ all night long.  For the last couple of days, I have even had to wake her up in the mornings to take Dane to school at 8am.

She's loving her rice cereal 3 times a day, and still takes her dear sweet time drinking bottles.  Did I mention she was flexible?  We were running errands today at lunch time, and Harper ate her rice cereal from her car seat carrier in the Jiffy Lube waiting room.  I am a multitasking queen.  An oil change and baby fed in just 15 minutes.
She loves playing peek-a-boo and her brothers can always make her laugh.  Daddy's singing usually will quiet a fussy Harper, but mommy's singing does the opposite.  Everyone's a critic!  Harper rolls over all over the place, and is working on sitting up by herself.  She can "tripod" sit up a little, but she's got quite a bit of body mass to coordinate vertically.  Not to mention getting that huge melon head balanced.

I think it's time to retire the bee dress.  Harper has gotten so tall that it's really more of a tunic than a dress.  I just had to get a couple more pictures of her in it!
I think this "bee" ribbon in her hair is the cutest thing ever, Brandon just thinks it's weird.  Maybe I'm just excited because she's finally getting the teeniest bit of hair to hold little clippies in :)
On a completely unrelated note, I love my new floors.  Love them so much that it was (almost) worth the hurricane to get them.  Almost.
Harper girl, as much as I can't wait to know the little girl you will become, to hear you speak words and see you play with your brothers, a part of me wants to bottle you up at this age and keep you this sweet, laughing baby girl forever.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to see the bees retired...little bit is getting SO cute!

The Driskells said...

I just LOVE all these sweet photos! Harper is a doll! I'm so glad you got a laid back, happy girl.
: ) Kara

Anonymous said...

What I like about these pictures is that Miss Harper is so unconscious of the camera. They are totally candid, no mugging, no hamming it up, yep candid photography at it's finest...